About the position
We’ve been growing like crazy over the past year, and we need more developers to keep up with the new business! We’re expanding our in-house web development team to include multiple full stack developers as well as a Junior Web Designer role within the team.
You’ll be joining a team of 15+ amazing people, creating brilliant things for companies and organisations in all sorts of industries. In this ever changing role, expect to be handed various projects at once, working on each step of the process from start to finish.
We build all of our websites on WordPress, so being able to use this CMS is a vital skill for this role.
What you'll be doing
- Designing, building, and maintaining websites
- Analyse websites with an eye for detail, improving their usability and performance
- Gathering and analysing website traffic data to enhance conversion rates
- Effectively communicating closely with clients and other members of the team
- Helping with fixes for the SEO team on their client’s websites
- Experience in building websites using WordPress is essential
- Up-to-date knowledge of all current web design best practices, front-end and back-end
- Strong understanding of UX best practices
- Basic knowledge on how websites should be built to maximise SEO
- Experience in working directly with clients
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Adaptable and open to picking up new skills and sharing existing skillset
- A ‘Can-Do’ attitude
- Experience in working with domains, DNS, hosting and email would be helpful but not essential
We've been here since the early days of the internet, and our ideology has grown as fast as the internet. We've been eagerly empowering people since our founder, Ian Bevis, hired our first new team member. We want people who are ready to learn, be creative and achieve great things.
Our team's culture is our proudest creation. Everyone has a passion for their work, enjoys working with all of our wonderful clients and has a great time with each other, in and out of the office. With our large range of clients, Chameleon has friends in all sorts of fun industries! Whether it's go-karting, ice skating, office birthday parties or going out for food and drinks, our work social calendar is always full! But we work hard too!
A great team needs an office that aligns with the same great philosophy that each team member holds. Our Head Office is located in Halesowen, Birmingham and we're only 5 minutes from the motorway, meaning an easy commute. Inside the office, we've created an inspiring environment, to allow our talent's creativity to flow to make amazing things happen!
Flexible working hours
🎉 Regular team building events