About the position
We’ve been expanding the business at a rate of knots over the past year, and we want to take on more web designers! Whether you’re straight out of college, or university, we want to take on a Junior Web Designer to not only support the team but also grow and mold them, ready for the vital industry of web design and digital marketing. If this sounds like you, apply now!
You’ll be working with a group of 15+ incredible individuals that produce fantastic work for businesses and organisations across a variety of sectors. We’re a friendly, creative, fun bunch who, make the office a place of laughter as well as a place of inspiration and hard work. We’ve created a culture that we’re proud of, and if you’re the right fit, we want you to be part of the Chameleon family!
Not sure that you’re ready yet? Don’t worry! Our team of highly skilled front and back-end developers will teach your on the job, develop your existing skills further and teach you new ones!
Expect to be given a few projects at once, work on each stage of the process from beginning to end and speak directly to clients in this constantly evolving job.
What you'll be doing
- Designing, building, and maintaining websites
- Analyse websites with an eye for detail, improving their usability and performance
- Designing basic design elements in the Adobe Suite where needed
- Effectively communicating closely with clients and other members of the team
- Writing very basic code: HTML, CSS (we can show you the ropes if you’re not there yet!)
- Helping improve the websites of the SEO team’s clients
- Experience in designing websites (even better if you’ve moved those designs forward into the development stage)
- Good understanding of graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Basic knowledge in HTML and CSS (don’t worry, you’ll learn more on the job!)
- Be able to take constructive criticism on your designs as our clients are sometimes very particular!
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Creative and open to new ideas
- Adaptable and open to picking up new skills
- A ‘Can-Do’ attitude
We've been here since the early days of the internet, and our ideology has grown as fast as the internet. We've been eagerly empowering people since our founder, Ian Bevis, hired our first new team member. We want people who are ready to learn, be creative and achieve great things.
Our team's culture is our proudest creation. Everyone has a passion for their work, enjoys working with all of our wonderful clients and has a great time with each other, in and out of the office. With our large range of clients, Chameleon has friends in all sorts of fun industries! Whether it's go-karting, ice skating, office birthday parties or going out for food and drinks, our work social calendar is always full! But we work hard too!
A great team needs an office that aligns with the same great philosophy that each team member holds. Our Head Office is located in Halesowen, Birmingham and we're only 5 minutes from the motorway, meaning an easy commute. Inside the office, we've created an inspiring environment, to allow our talent's creativity to flow to make amazing things happen!
Flexible working hours
🎉 Regular team building events